May 18, 2013

Bioderma Sébium H20 Cleanser Review 250ml

Today I'll be reviewing the Bioderma Sebium H20 Cleanser for combination or oily skin. If you read a lot of beauty reviews, you've probably stumbled across a review of this product or the more popular Crealine version (sensitive skin). If you haven't, this product has a micelle solution, meaning its hardworking, cleansing particles are suspended/infused in water - thus making it very lightweight, non-greasy, and fresh! So is it worth the hype? 




I bought the 500ml solution thinking I'd need a LOT of product to remove my makeup, because, you know, "it's just like water!" I've been so used to oil-based removers so I wasn't getting my expectations up with this one, but this product really delivers. I bought this in June 2012 and it's already been a year, and I'm only halfway. It's not ideal for traveling, but it does come in a smaller size (250ml).
As you can see, the solution is bluish. I don't really have a problem with coloring in my skincare products, because my skin isn't sensitive, but rather, quite dry... So why did I get the one for oily skin, you ask?! Haha! I got this one because I read in someone's review that this particular one has a fresh, cooling sensation, which I prefer in my cleansers. But even though this is more suited for oilier skin types, I find that it leaves my skin very supple and hydrated.

How to use

Simply dab onto a cotton pad and swipe gently. Sometimes, when I'm wearing heavier eye makeup, I'll have to use a cleansing oil as the first step and this as second (I triple cleanse: cleansing oil - cleansing water - foam) but for regular, eyeliner + mascara days, this does the job perfectly. 
For this sample, I used a waterproof eyeliner and mascara, as well as a cream blush. It also works wonders for foundations, BB creams, and virtually most makeup.
The eyeliner was slightly harder to remove. No product is truly perfect, but this one comes pretty close! I have a hard time removing my waterproof mascara whenever I use just facial foam or even cleansing oil but this product is able to get it out completely without my eye feeling like it's going to pop out, lol XD

All clean! After cleansing, the face feels really fresh and rejuvenated. There are no traces of makeup, and it doesn't leave an oily residue like most intensive cleansers do. Some people don't wash their faces after but I prefer rinsing afterwards. I usually use this as the first cleansing step to everyday makeup and use my Skin Food Aloe Vera Foaming Cleanser (review soon!) after, just to be really sure my face is completely rid of all the makeup and gunk from the day. If I'm wearing thicker makeup, I like to use Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil, then this product, then a foaming cleanser.


As for price and availability, I'm not sure if it's available in Manila but I bought this in Hong Kong for around 130HKD (Php 680). For 500ml, it's definitely a bang for your buck. Actually, even if this were 1,000 pesos, it'd still be a steal. I mean, would you rather spend a bit on cleansers to ensure a thorough removal of the dirt and grime than on derma facial treatments or acne skincare products to remove the pimples caused by not removing makeup properly? Am I right or am I right? XD

Rating: 5/5 (Holy Grail Material)

Would I repurchase? Definitely!
Who would like it? 
- Anyone who doesn't like the oily feeling of makeup removers
- People who want their makeup gone in one step
- Anyone with oily/combination skin
- People who like refreshing, cooling cleansers

Who wouldn't like it? 
- I honestly can't think of anyone who wouldn't like this XD

Hope you enjoyed this review! :)

No comments:

Leave a Comment